Thursday, November 15, 2007

After the rain









I love the Autumn. I love the first crisp days when I can put on a sweater. It always seems so refreshing to me. I have been enjoying the beautiful colors this year.
Today I walked into our playroom and I couldn't help but see a blazing tree framed by the window. The rain had stopped so I decided not to miss this opportunity. I grabbed my camera and my macro lens and went out. I was out for about 20 minutes and took 40+ pictures of just this tree. Okay, you could say I'm a little extreme when it comes to taking photographs. I often feel compelled to take pictures in the Fall and Spring and often I can look back to the last year and find almost the same picture. So why do I do it? Well, I just don't know. I would guess that it is the desire that God has created in all of us to worship Him. He spoke and these trees came into existence. And isn't it kind of Him to show us just a taste of His majesty in the brilliance and variety of the colors displayed each year? This morning I read, as part of my reading plan, Psalms 148-150. Here is part of Psalm 148

9 Mountains and all hills,
fruit trees and all cedars!
10 Beasts and all livestock,
creeping things and flying birds!

11 Kings of the earth and all peoples,
princes and all rulers of the earth!
12 Young men and maidens together,
old men and children!

13 Let them praise the name of the Lord,
for his name alone is exalted;
his majesty is above earth and heaven.



And Psalm 150:6 Let everything that has breath praise the Lord!
Praise the Lord!


So here are a few pictures from our tree. Perhaps you too will be inspired to Praise the Lord!


1 comment:

Danielle said...

The pictures are beautiful Bonnie. I often see God's beauty and just wish I could capture a tenth of it with a camera or paints, but I am pretty terrible with both so I try to take very clear mental snapshots to keep in my head. Today the snow on the ground with red leaves laying on top was one of those times. God is so creative and awe inspiring.