Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Catch up







Okay so I have a few minutes now so I will get a few pics out. The first Picture of Ty is when the first ice storm came through and the kids were sent home early from school. You can tell by the look on his face he was pretty disappointed! It was a treat to have the boys home! We had fun decorating foam Christmas trees with glitter glue.
The next picture is from the next and harsher ice storm that came through. It sure was beautiful but there is a lot of damage to trees that we are still cleaning up! Our power was out for 4 and1/2 days, but I cannot complain at all as we hardly felt it. The generator is a very handy thing-thanks Rick for going out in the cold each morning to get it started!
The third is one of my favorites! The 3 kiddos were out in the ice for hours breaking icicles off the fence and their swingset and sliding on their bums down the driveway!
Then there's my handsome husband. I know he is making a funny face, but I still thought it was cute. He is cutting up 1 of the big trees that fell across our driveway.
The last picture is our New Years Eve dinner. We had just come in from shopping at Sam's Club. Our intention was to go out to dinner, but Rick was feeling sick and fading fast so we came home instead. We whipped up a smorgasborg (Or however you spell it since the computer is highlighting it and obviously doesn't like my spelling of it) of many appatizers that we had just purchased from Sam's. The kids thought it was great fun and Kate even tried an Eggroll AND Salami-go figure! She even liked them! We all took turns sharing how God had blessed us in the past year and some of our favorite memories. Kate's was Ballerina baseball with her cousin Melissa. Ty enjoyed going to Ocean City MD with our friends the Schell family. Dan enjoyed playing hockey with our other cousins Ben and Sue from Colorado whom we haven't seen since Danny was 6 weeks old! Our family trip in October to the beach was another favorite.
God has been so kind to us! I must say that for me, 2007 was a time to re-connect with many in my family whom I haven't seen in a while. The cool thing was-they all came here! I love that our kids were able to see many of their cousins-some whom they have never met before and now they have some very fun memories of them. So even if it is a while before God brings us together again, they still have warm feelings and fun memories of family!

I have to admit I am technologically challenged-much to the dismay of my electronic, computer designing husband. I do not know how to add pictures in any particular order, nor do I know how to add captions to them so I am at the whim of this unfeeling metal machine that hums in my ear to do what it will with my pictures. You will see that there is a picture of Kate that I hadn't mentioned before now. Well, that's because I forgot to put it in when I added the others. But the story behind it was too cute to not add it in. This was taken while we were de-decorating our Christmas tree. She was walking around with the angel "Gabraham" on her head and telling me the whole story of how "Gabraham" came to Mary and then Mary and Joseph went to "Beth a hem" and they were "riding on a donkey or a camel or something."

Ta, ta for now.....

1 comment:

Danielle said...

Hi Bonnie,
as usual what wonderful pictures. I am glad you guys are all on the mend. Hope to see you guys soon.