Monday, October 13, 2008

Happy Birthday Kate!

My dear sweet Katerina. I thank God for the gift you are to me and our family! You brighten every day with your beautiful smile, your many hugs and encouraging words. I so enjoy watching you grow. You have such a heart for praising God which bursts forth in song. I love the many conversations we have during the day about how awesome God is. I love how you offer to help me. I love how you sing so often. I love how you care and have such compassion for others. I love how you rejoice over going to school and learning. I love how you want to show kindness to others so often by giving gifts to them. I love how inviting you are to any who come to our home. I love that I have the privilege of being your mom. I will treasure up these nights when we go through our litany of goodnight kisses after prayers 'cause I know one day soon you will be too old for them. Are you sure you wont stay little for me just a little but longer?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So sweet~ But on the encouraging side ~ Sue and Ben both still want me to tuck them in every night! SO you have a bit longer to cherish this joy of motherhood!