Monday, March 30, 2009

God's Sovereignty


Above even the darkest, most severe storms, there is blue sky.

We had wild weather yesterday. 70 degrees quickly dropped into the 50's while the storm clouds moved overhead. Thunder, lightning, even reports of a tornado in the area. Then came the rain which turned to hail. 10 minutes later, it was over.

I am not currently in the midst of a storm, but as I pondered this picture God reminded me of His ever present grip on my life. "Forever and always secure." Thank you Jesus!

3 comments:

Danielle said...

That is a great photo. We have a cup full of hail in our freezer. The kids have enjoyed eating the ice from heaven. I liked to watch the storm and was glad I was not still driving home from the hospital, cause I hate storms and really wanted to be hiding out in my basement, but I was brave. We all marveled at how powerful God is also.

Rachel said...

Awesome photo Bonnie! I was driving through Reading right in the middle of it all and was very thankful to arrive home safely. A couple weeks ago a spiritual storm of similar speed and intensity blew through my life. Again, I am thankful to be assured that I will arrive 'home' safely.

Jona Minotto said...

i love that image, its so moody.